Our lives are not our own.

Follow our family's journey as we give up the "American Dream" to live and love in Uganda.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

D.C. by Laney

It was so hard to say goodbye to all the people I love. I was an emotional wreck last night. But D.C is great! It is so cool. It was cloudy and humid. I am likeing it a lot. The greenery is really pretty.
There is some people I didn't get to say bye to that i really wish i could have. I wish I could bring them with me. But I guess goodbye is a part of life that most of us wish we didn't have to do.
I an really happy that god has an unbeatable plan. If I had the plan for my life it would stink! I can barley manage my Facebook! I totally trust god and I know that he has a perfect plan which is always really good to know. I think that I worry about everything too much... and here I am writing about trusting god. I think that is one of the things I need to work on. I pray for that to happen daily.
I know it sounds kinda weird but I use to think asking God for stuff was selfish when there are sooo many orphans in the world who have nothing but recently God has showed me it is ok to want stuff. And lately God has givin me soo much but I remember this verse that said ask and you shall receive and it goes on ...

Luke 11:9 “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

I am glad I have a God who knows my wants and need.



-Laney

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear from you Laney!
    The truth you know will truly
    speak to so many people. It's not so much about
    what you've experienced, how old you are, or how much you have, but really 'do you know the truth'? It sounds like you do and in my experience it is so powerful that it will take more than a lifetime to live it:) Lot of adventure lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States