Our lives are not our own.

Follow our family's journey as we give up the "American Dream" to live and love in Uganda.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Blah's



I have a very LOUD family. Today my ears actually hurt from the noise. We enjoyed our Saturday with no obligations. It was the first time in a very long time there were no games, no birthdays, no youth events....it was heaven. But the Blah's tracked me down this afternoon.

I am a visionary. My dear friend tells me I don't live in reality and that is how I am able to do the things that I do. Some day's it reality hits me like a ton of bricks. This was one of those days.

The reality of moving six children to a foreign country.
Figuring out where we will live.
How our oldest son will visit on his own.
Deciding how we will educate our kids while we are there.
Wondering about transportation and furniture.
What the heck will we eat?

And that doesn't even leave me time to think about malaria, worms, and dirty water......

YIKES!

I went to church tonight with a heavy heart. I was wishing I could be invisible because I feel like a total freak show! But GOD IS SO GOOD. He always knows what I need. A sweet friend stopped me in the hall and told me our family was an inspiration...and he really knows us. The real us. The blended family, the fighting, the dirty house having real us. Not the blog us. He knows that we are real people...sometimes barely hanging on to our sanity.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (New Living Translation)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.


This, what we are doing, is all God.

He will have to provide everything!

Airfare
Housing
Car
Food
Passports....(we still have no birth certificates for 3 kids)
Luggage....(we only have 1 real suitcase)
Schooling for the kids

And I am not worried one bit.
Seriously.
I remember tonight who I am...sinner
And who He is......Savior

If He can use us. He can use anybody.

What is He calling you to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States