Our lives are not our own.

Follow our family's journey as we give up the "American Dream" to live and love in Uganda.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

i know 2 things...




So I have alot of kids...but each one of them is an individual. They have their own personalities, tastes, and abilities. But they are all my children. I love them so much. One of the hardest parts of being a mom to a large family is there never seems to be enough of me to go around. God used this to teach me an amazing lesson. I was weeping, like snot dripping crying. I felt so alone. I cried out to God and immediately He showed up. You see I loose sleep over orphaned children. I see their faces every night. It is a burden I can not explain except that God has removed their anonymity through the blending of my own family. God came to me and clearly spoke...As a mother you assess the situation and go to the child that needs you the most at that moment. But I am not hindered by humanness. I can be with the children who are hungry in Africa and at the same time be close to the widows in their loneliness. I am God. Your grief is no less significant to me. I love you. I am your father... Even as I write this I sense His presence. I am so overwhelmed by the depth of Gods love for me. With all He has on His plate He still has time for me. There are only two things of which I am very sure. 1. God has loved me with an everlasting love. I have at times tried to separate myself from Him. But He is always there. 2. He loves you just the same. One of my very favorite verses in the bible says this, " God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 There is no such thing as being good enough. God will meet you wherever you are in whatever circumstance because He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States