Our lives are not our own.

Follow our family's journey as we give up the "American Dream" to live and love in Uganda.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Communion

The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread,and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

I sat there on the wooden bench, tears streaming down my face. I could barely take the bread from the passing tray. My vision was blurred and my heart was aching. I didn't expect the emotion to swell up and spill down my face. It took me by surprise.

My sin cost Jesus His life. But because of His blood I am able to approach GOD without guilt or shame. It's too much.

Jesus knew. He knew what He was facing, and He chose to follow through.

Recently, I have lost sight of my purpose. I have been feeling lost. The last couple of days I have been having a hard time seeing anything clearly.

Taking Communion with my African brothers and sisters in a small hillside church has helped me to remember. It doesn't matter which continent I live on. Or which ministry I am serving in. What matters is Jesus. His sacrifice. His love.

My life is but a vapor.

I want to use my limited time loving God.
I want my life to be a response to His great love for me.

I love this song. You have probably never heard it...unless you are old like me.

One day a plain village woman
Driven by love for her Lord
Recklessly poured out a valuable essence
Disregarding the scorn
And once it was broken and spilled out
A fragrance filled all the room
Like a prisoner released from his shackles
Like a spirit set free from the tomb

Broken and spilled out
Just for love of you Jesus
My most precious treasure
Lavished on Thee
Broken and spilled out
And poured at Your feet
In sweet abandon
Let me be spilled out
And used up for Thee

Lord You were God's precious treasure
His loved and His own perfect Son
Sent here to show me
The love of the Father
Just for love it was done
And though You were perfect and holy
You gave up Yourself willingly
You spared no expense for my pardon
You were used up and wasted for me

Broken and spilled out
Just for love of me Jesus
God's most precious treasure
Lavished on me
You were broken and spilled out
And poured at my feet
In sweet abandon Lord
You were spilled out and used up for Me
(Steve Green)

1 comment:

  1. Love this song, Beth.

    Isn't it amazing how God comes to us in our discouragement and touches our heart in just the way that we need, so that once again we can see that it's always, always all about Him and His undeserved, unending love.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States